Mouse Detective

L. Schulte lschulte at sfstoledo.org
Thu Sep 1 17:41:06 CEST 2005

Greetings to all!

The discussion about detective stories reminded me of the animated
Disney movie in the middle 1980's The Great Mouse Detective, which
used the voice of the great Vincent Price for Rattigan, the villain
in the story.  I have always thought this movie was underrated and
under-appreciated.  The finale, in the gears of the clock Big Ben,
has even been copied by Jackie Chan in Shanghai Knights.  If you do
not know this movie, made before The Lion King, you are missing a
very fine and funny piece of work..