Anything but those!

Moss, Thomas thomas.moss at intel.com
Sun Sep 11 07:42:23 CEST 2005

     The urn of diamonds is from a (I believe) Barks story where
Scrooge, Donald, Huey, Dewey and Louie fly to another country where
there is a flock of birds destroying the country's rice crops.  The King
is offering an urn full of diamonds to anyone who can rid the country of
the birds.  Scrooge has a bunch of mechanical brass monkeys that he is
unable to sell because the tone made when their cymbals crash together
is annoying, and Donald, conveniently, has finished a correspondence
course in bell-tuning.  Donald has the idea to tune the brass monkeys'
cymbals to a different frequency to chase the birds out of the country
and Scrooge can sell all of the brass monkeys to the King and get the
urn full of diamonds. I apologize, but I can't remember the name of the
story, but if I come across it, I will post it.  Can anyone else
remember what the story's title is?

Tom