The Uncle Scrooge Accountant

asaramelli asaramelli at ig.com.br
Thu Sep 22 23:21:06 CEST 2005

Dear Soren, Paulo, Rob and all DCML friends.

With your help, it was possible to talk about the Clercky
character with our local publisher, the Editora Abril.

Our translation bureau “Lua Azul” are going to translate the
Uncle Scrooge accountant as “Clercky” and no more by
“contador “ , accountant in portuguese.

It´s a small detail, at the same time quality is on the details !

Thank you very much for the help.

Alexandre Saramelli

asaramelli asaramelli at ig.com.br
Thu Aug 18 21:26:52 CEST 2005

Paolo :

The Uncle Scrooge accountant

Thanks for your help, as I saw , " Down for the Count " wasn´t
published in Brazil, but I´m verifying with the members of the brazilian
Disney List to more information, because the image I remember in my mind
about Sr, Numério is very closer than I saw in
"Dow for the Count"

Thanks a lot !

Alexandre Saramelli
São Paulo -  Brazil

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Tue Aug 9 09:23:37 CEST 2005

Regarding Scrooge's in-house accountant:  In a lot of Barks' stories Uncle
Scrooge had a worker in his offices called "Clerkly".  I assume that he was
the in-house accountant for McDuck Enterprises.  In several stories
(including a few one-pagers) there was an accountant who came to see him.  I
assume this was McDuck Enterprises' outside "consulting accounting firm",
which prepared the firm's tax statements , quarterly and annual reports.
Unfortunately, I don't believe these accountants were ever given names by
Barks.

Paolo Castagno paolo at papersera.net
Sun Aug 14 00:26:38 CEST 2005

> I received the following some days ago. Anybody who can help?
> Do you know anybody who is able to help me to find mr Numério ?

Could it be Down for the Count (W US   61-03)?
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php/x/W+US+++61-03

  - Paolo

http://www.papersera.net

Søren Krarup Olesen sko at inducks.org