Disney Archives from Gemstone in the Offing?

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Wed Aug 2 09:28:54 CEST 2006

Quote from: http://www.marvelmasterworks.com/current_news.html

NEWS UPDATE: 7/24
DISNEY ARCHIVES FROM GEMSTONE IN THE OFFING?
Posted at 8:00 PM by gormuu

Short answer? Yes. Long answer? Be patient.

In my further discussions with Gemstone, I asked if there were any plans
to release a comprehensive hardcover archive of Carl Barks' Duck
material. Currently, foreign markets in Norway, Sweden, Germany and
Denmark are getting lovely hardcover reprints of all the Barks Duck
material in chronological order, and while those fans are just ducky
right now, their release in Europe is getting in the way of a domestic
US release. Within a couple years, however, that will change. Once the
non-interference arrangement with European licensees elapses, the decks
will be clear for US release, and that will likely be in 2008.

And just to repeat: we'd be getting chronological Barks Duck releases,
in color, in hardcover. If this news doesn't make you quack with joy,
check out the next news update:

Are you a Floyd Gottfredson mouse fanatic? Gemstone will have you
covered, too! They're in the planning stages of a similar initiative to
cover Floyd Gottfredson's seminal work on Mickey Mouse strips, which
began back in 1930! This is about all there is to say about this project
right now, but as soon as there is more info to pass on, I'll let you
know!