Barks continuity

Donald D. Markstein ddmarkstein at cox.net
Wed Aug 9 12:50:28 CEST 2006

Twice, several years apart, Barks mentioned that one of the Beagle Boys
liked prunes. As far as I know, it's the only individual trait he ever
gave a Beagle Boy, who otherwise were almost as much alike as Nephews.
It's also an example of continuity in his stories. And by the way,
that's what initially turned me off to DuckTales -- the fact that you
could tell one Beagle from another without reading his number. They even
had different names. Booo!

Also by the way, I can't think of any other examples of identical
triplets in comics -- or in stories in general, for that matter. In
fact, just off the top of my head, I can't think of any absolutely
identical twins, other than Heckle & Jeckle, the Terrytoons stars, and
the twins in Mervyn Peake's Gormenghast trilogy.

Quack, Don