Disney Standard Characters

Marvinw marvinw at zahav.net.il
Thu Aug 10 15:49:05 CEST 2006

In the link by deanmary, David gave the following:

GERSTEIN: At this point, Gemstone's publishing license covers only the Disney "Standard Characters" - Mickey, Donald, the Silly Symphonies characters and their respective worlds - and some other characters who appeared in WALT DISNEY'S COMICS AND STORIES

One of the earliest issues of Gemstone included a story with Jose Carioca and Panchito from Three Caballeros.

However some of the most loved Disney characters also appeared in the golden era of WDC&S including:

Dopey, Figaro, Dumbo, Thumper, Gus the Gremlin (appearing in a Dark Horse Comic in Sept.), Brer Rabbit, Bongo, Little Toot, Tinker Bell, and Lady and Tramp.

In MHOP, instead of Bucky Bug and the Big Bad Wolf, I would prefer new stories or reprints of the above.

I hope that Gemstone can get by "Standard Character",  at least on a one-off basis.

With huge numbers of DVD's sold of the animated Disney Films,  there should be a revitalized interest in the great classic characters.
Marvin Winitz