English names for Italian characters in COA

Olaf Solstrand olaf.solstrand at andebyonline.com
Thu Jan 26 13:29:07 CET 2006

<H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl> skreiv Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:21:24 +0100

> COA is the name of the website, Inducks is the name of the data.

Mesa really knew that, but figured that the error was not in the data
itself but in the processing of it, which I assumed took place on the
website.

> There is a "bug" in Inducks, in the way that characters have an official
> Inducks name (usually in the language where the character first
> appeared) and an English name. If Inducks doesn't list an English name,
> it assumes it is the same as its official Inducks name.
> In most cases, this is correct. But for Italian and Brazilian
> characters, this can give wrong results.

I see - I assumed that was the case, I just wanted to hear it from someone
who knew for sure. :-)

And of course, the reason I... quoted... the word bug was that it's not
really such a big deal (and I don't really expect it to be "fixed" either,
as I guess this is the best solution possible, and it's really good enough
for me, I just wanted to know).

--
Olaf
«Yaa! Tightwad!»