Wished-for future Gemstone TPBs

Elaine Ramshaw elaine1 at snet.net
Sat Jun 3 03:05:01 CEST 2006

I'd like to second Dean Rekich's motion for more Rosa TPBs. Perhaps a Donald
Duck collection, since Gladstone albums concentrated on the U$ material.
What I personally would most welcome, though, is TPBs with the stories that
Gladstone serialized in WDC 601 ff. I couldn't afford to subscribe to WDC in
those days (though I did get U$), and I don't have copies of most of those
stories. And though I do own a copy of U$A 27, I very, very much want a
hardier edition of one of my all-time favorite stories, Guardians of the
Lost Library.

And how about a "brittle mastery of DD" TPB? One would have to give it a
more accessible title ("Master of Disaster"?), but it would be fun to have a
collection updating the Gladstone album. They could reprint Barks's
Rainmaker, Mover, Glasser and Wrecker (with the current terrific production
values), and include some of the best of the recent additions to the genre:
Rosa's Master Landscapist, William Van Horn's It's Bats, Man! (Master of
Pest Removal), and perhaps (I've not yet seen it, but I presume it fits the
genre) the Master Chef story that's going to be in the 75 Years book.

Elaine