Tightwad, Wendigo, Black Knight

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at student.rug.nl
Thu Jun 29 16:36:25 CEST 2006

David Gerstein:

> A different group of Disney staffers now approves the
> modern Gemstone comics; and while they do ask us to alter
> certain stories, they quite sensibly see no problem with
> the complete version of "Shrinking Tightwad."

Question #1: Does that mean that Gemstone will publish the
*complete* version of that story, not only including the
removed portions, but *also* the extra pages that Don drew
to insert between the car chase and the crash in which it
ends? (This complete version has so far only been printed
in Greece.)

Question #2: Is there any possibility of these different
staffers reconsidering the printing of "War of the
Wendigo"?

Olivier:

> It's a cropped version of "She Was Spangled and Flashy"
> ( http://www.seriesam.com/barks/dp_7519_sm.jpg ).

I indeed expected it to be a painting that included
Goldie.
This leaves one to wonder if the curtained painting that
adorns $crooge's bedroom wall (in: "The Beagle Boys vs.
the Money Bin") is also a Barks' oil painting, and if so,
which.

Greetings,

Michiel Prior.