Gladstone II versus Gemstone Mickey question + OT recommendation

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 26 10:39:10 CEST 2006

- Dean -

I faintly remember reading a few stories a loooooong time ago, but i really (re)discovered Little Lulu more recently (still a couple of uears ago now), through a great series of  animated shorts. I haven't seen that many, but whenever I chanced upon one, I watched it through: I loved it.
The series (and, I am sure, the comics) is extremely refreshing; simple characters, simple situations, but above all, wholesome fun; it's just kind and gentle, without getting silly.

[...]

There was a Little Lulu Library, much like the E.C. and Carl Barks Library sets, "with extensive editorial and biographical data", as Gemstone's leaflet puts it-- on the one I have, sets 3, 4 and 6 were still available, for $130 each; it doesn't say whether they're in black & white, like the other Library collections (I suppose it is so), or in color.
Maybe I should order one, even though the collection would be incomplete. How many sets were there?
I'll have to check out those Dark Horse volumes. Are there any essays, as in the Hamitlon/Cochran sets?
Thanks for calling my (DCML members') attention on this, Dean!

Olivier