Disney comic "saints"

deanmary deanmary at zoominternet.net
Tue Nov 21 01:46:17 CET 2006

I in no way said or implied that Bruce Hamilton, Steve Geppi, Gary Leach, or David Gerstein are saints.  I *will* say explicitly that I am thankful for all of them and appreciate what they have done, are doing, and will do.

I don't think anyone thinks Bruce Hamilton and Steve Geppi published Disney comics out of sheer altruism.  At the same time, both of them had/have a great love of Disney comics, and I think that is great.  Without Bruce Hamilton, I don't believe we would have had a Gladstone I / Disney Comics / Gladstone II.  From what I can have read, there was about a snowball's chance in Hell of us having Disney comics back in North America without Steve Geppi.  I am very thankful for them *regardless* of their motives.  The fact that they both happened to love Disney comics just makes it more special.

I don't believe for one minute that David Gerstein's or Gary Leach's comments on the DCML have been for the benefit of Gemstone or to refute some bad publicity.  Only a *tiny* percentage of Gemstone comic buyers are members of this mailing list.  I think the idea that I or others on this list concerns or complaints about certain things Gemstone is doing having a bad effect of Gemstone is silly.  My or a few other peoples opinions on what Gemstone is doing is not going to hurt or help Gemstone at all.

I greatly appreciate the fact that David and Gary both have contributed to this list.  I think the fact that they do so is wonderful.  I don't know many other companies or businesses that I deal with where people at the company will participate so openly or honestly.  They don't even have to be *members* of this ML, let alone contribute to it!

Then Travis Seitler contributes to the list, and even is open and honest that he has somewhat different opinions than some of the other Gemstone employees.  Not only is that a heck of a thing to do, it makes Gemstone seem like a wonderful place to work at.

I also appreciate the fact that all of these Gemstone people can read my critiques and complaints and not just dismiss me or confuse me with someone that wants Gemstone to fail.  They could easily just ignore my posts or be mean and petty about it.  Instead they try to answer my concerns and worries.  I don't ever want to get to a place in my life where I would not be appreciative of that.

I have no idea if Disney comics in the US is a "dead body" or not.  If it is though, I appreciate every month and year that they reanimate the body for longer than it would have been otherwise.

Dean Rekich