Prices

Mark Baker-Wright nicodemuslegend at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 15:37:55 CEST 2006

<As far as the two prestige titles go, raising the price from $6.95 to $7.50
is more than fair considering that the price on these books has not
<increased since 1997.  That gives me an idea though.  If Uncle Scrooge and
WDC&S are still successful for Gemstone, why not make Donald <Duck and
Friends and Mickey Mouse and Friends monthly $7.50 books?  You could then
keep these titles going at a more successful price <point.

If the Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse books aren't selling enough copies at
$2.95, what makes you think that raising their prices to $7.50 would
*help*?????   The $7.50 books are successful because of the material they
have (Scrooge in particular simply being a more popular character).  This is
*in spite* of the pricing, not because of it!

Frankly, this announcement has just cemented the doom of the line to me.  I
could barely justify a once-in-a-blue-moon purchase of a $6.95 comic as it
was.  Until the prices can come back down to a level that's comparable with
other comic books on the market, I will never buy another Disney comic
again.  I'll just wait for the collected editions.

Mark Baker-Wright