Flintheart Glomgold's background?

GGK ggk at wp.pl
Mon Sep 4 18:58:22 CEST 2006

> A younger reader and I wonder what might be known
> regarding Flintheart Glomgold's background and
> early years, apart from the fact that he lives in
> (but was perhaps not born in?) South Africa.
> Are we to infer further parallels between him and
> Scrooge? Was he poor in his childhood, for example?

There are some suspesion that Glomgold was from Scotland (like Scrooge).
In "DuckTales" animated series, Glomgold was a Scot (stereotypical, by the
way). There was even a comic book (I think the artist was Vicar) when
Glomgold and Scrooge find out, theat they have a common ancestor from
Scotland.
I herd there were some storys teling Scrooge and Glomgold were partners in
Youkon, but I never sow them.

A very good story obaut Scrooge/Glomgold first meeting "The Terror of the
Transvaal" (part of Don Rosa's "The Life and Times of $crooge McDuck").
There Glomgold was poor, (no-good, two-faced liaing) man in Africa, who was
stiling from people while they were working. Young Scrooge saved his life,
and he repay by stilling Scrooge's stuff when he was a sleep and living him
in the midle of the Africa. In this story Glomgold told Scrooge he is a
local man (but I guess it was a lie).

Moust lilklely Glomgold made his large fortune by cheating and stilling from
people. I don't think Glomgold ever made a onest buck... He is a evil
version of Scooge (and the only one of Scrooge main three villains who would
resolt to murder)

Yours
Maciek Kur