Don, how was Dragon*Con?

JOHN CHADWICK wolfsong at mpinet.net
Thu Sep 7 02:55:28 CEST 2006

To Don Rosa, I just want to say how much I enjoyed meeting you at Dragon*Con this past weekend.  I hope that you had a good weekend as well.  I don't know if you got to get that gander at Mickey Rooney you were talking about, but I can tell you I got a first hand (literally) lesson in how the man doesn't like to be touched.  I'd like to send you the picture of my Donald Duck painting by Andy Lee, but I'm going to wait until the next time your address pops up on the list. I'm not sure if Andy would appreciate me making his work widely available on the 'net without his permission.  But for those of you who don't know of Mr. Lee's work, check out his website at http://www.findandy.com/home.cfm and imagine Donald drawn in that style.  Andy takes commissions online. (and they're very reasonable) I believe my Donald is the only one he's ever done, (It's certainly the first.) but I'm sure he could be convinced to do another one if anyone else wanted him to.

Again, Don, thanks for the nice chats.  I hope you had as much fun this weekend as I did.  For me, you were certainly one of its highlights.