Very OT: From a Virginia Tech alumnus

Olivier (M&D) mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 18 17:10:46 CEST 2007

- Chuck -

There is nothing you need be forgiven; your message was perfectly warranted.
Reacting to such tragedies is always difficult, as a few messages on the Net
seem nothing in comparison and little comfort, however sincerely affected we
may have been.

I don't want to launch a debate on firearms here either, and will only say
this might well occur in other countries as well, despite wholly different
arm legislations : some teachers have been assaulted and stabbed in their
classes in France, classes have been taken hostage (once by a man carrying
live explosive, not fake devices), and several people were shot to death in
a town hall a few years ago. It's not "just in the U.S.A. because..."

It is all the more worrying and tragic as there had been plenty of
disturbing signs and several warnings by professors-- all to no avail.

This is terrible.

Olivier