Don Rosa Eisner nomination

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at student.rug.nl
Fri Apr 20 20:51:26 CEST 2007

Kriton Kyrimis:

> To get the award, the story only needs to be better than
> the other five nominated stories, not better than Don's
> previous stories. I would assume that, the Eisner award
> being a prestigious industry award, these six stories
> *are* some of the best stories published last year, even
> if their creators have produced better stories in the
> past.

Still, I don't feel that Don Rosa should have an Award for
*this* particular story, when so many other, *better*
stories didn't get an Award. Does anyone know how many and
which of Rosa's stories were nominated for an Eisner
Award, throughout the years?

"The Black Knight GLORPS again!" is nice, but not great.
It's the only Disney story that got nominated for this
year's Eisner Awards, which suggests that, if nothing
else, it's this year's best Disney story. And *that* would
suggest that this year's Disney stories simply weren't
very great. It would also suggest that most of this year's
short stories weren't very great, either, if "GLORPS" made
it into the top six.

Greetings,

Michiel Prior.