News of Gottfredson Mickey Mouse strip anthologies/Libraries on the way?

Tom Wormstedt t.wormstedt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:36:54 CEST 2007

Hey everyone.  I was snooping around the internet for some Gottfredson sites
- I didn't find much but I did find this interesting snippet of news!
Albeit it's a little old from 2006 -  The last paragraph in bold - this was
posted july 25th http://www.marvelmasterworks.com/news/archive2006.html.
This is the first i've heard of this.  Anyone at Gemstone know about this?
David? Gary?

Obviously, an anthology would be awesome of Gottfredson's mickey mouse
strips something like the CBL library.

Thinking out loud, my opinion is that if disney can fit a cartoon on a DVD
of Donald as a Nazi (with a disclaimer of course) - I don't see any reason
they couldn't release this in a similiar fashion  Just slap a disclaimer on
it.

Anyone like to add anything to this or put in their two cents?  Lord knows
this beats trying to scrounge up money for that damn german MM reprint set
and finding someone with a copy. Hehe :-)

*DISNEY ARCHIVES FROM GEMSTONE IN THE OFFING?*
 Posted at 8:00 PM by gormuu

Short answer? Yes. Long answer? Be patient.

In my further discussions with Gemstone, I asked if there were any plans to
release a comprehensive hardcover archive of Carl Barks' Duck material.
Currently, foreign markets in Norway, Sweden, Germany and Denmark are
getting lovely hardcover reprints of all the Barks Duck material in
chronological order, and while those fans are just ducky right now, their
release in Europe is getting in the way of a domestic US release. Within a
couple years, however, that will change. Once the non-interference
arrangement with European licensees elapses, the decks will be clear for US
release, and that will likely be in 2008.

And just to repeat: we'd be getting chronological Barks Duck releases, in
color, in hardcover. If this news doesn't make you quack with joy, check out
the next news update:

Are you a Floyd Gottfredson mouse fanatic? Gemstone will have you covered,
too! They're in the planning stages of a similar initiative to cover Floyd
Gottfredson's seminal work on Mickey Mouse strips, which began back in 1930!
This is about all there is to say about this project right now, but as soon
as there is more info to pass on, I'll let you know!

~ Tom Wormstedt