A few Gemstone questions

deanmary deanmary at zoominternet.net
Thu Nov 8 19:06:27 CET 2007

I have a few Gemstone questions that perhaps Gary or someone else at Gemstone can answer.

Well, there is less than 2 month of 2007 left.  With that in mind, is there anything you can tell us about what to look forward to from Gemstone in 2008?  I have two specific questions in regard to this.  One, will we see trade paperbacks (TPB) on a more regular basis and more than only 2 or 3 a year?  Two, is there any chance of a third monthly prestige title in 2008?  I imagine I will keep asking that question periodically until there is a 3rd monthly title.  Maybe I am just a masochist! :)

When Donald Duck Adventures and Mickey Mouse Adventures were cancelled, Gemstone has some 3 panel stories that for lack of a better term were leftovers.  Since then, these 3 panel stories have been appearing in US and WDC&S.  My question is what percentage of these leftover 3 panel stories have been printed and how many remain to be printed?  I don't mean to disparage these 3 panel stories, and in fact wish I was reading them monthly in DDA and MMA titles that were never cancelled!  However, with only two monthly titles and the resulting limited space, I must admit I do prefer the more traditional 4 panel stories.  So I would be very curious to find out if most of these leftover 3 panel stories have already been printed or if there a lot left to be printed.

And info you can give about any of these questions would be greatly appreciated!  Here's looking to a great 2008 for Gemstone!!!

Dean Rekich