DCML Digest, Vol 72, Issue 10

ymh at aol.com ymh at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 17:48:18 CET 2009

I agree with this assesment completely. I don't think I've enjoyed a single European story that I've read in the Gemstone comics, which is pretty much the reason I finally?stopped buying them a year or two ago. Since I'm not in a position to read the originals, I don't know if the fault (if the inability to cater to my personal tastes can even be called a "fault") lies with the originals or the the localization, but either way, it's there.

A lot?of what's missing for me in these stories is the language and the timing. There isn't enough creative wordplay for me, and the timing of the action and the humor always seems a bit off.

It's probably not that useful for me to be speaking in such generalities; I should pick apart some particular stories and explain in detail what I don't like about them. That's not something I have time for today, but maybe I'll do it at some point. I just wanted to speak up to make it known that there are people (or at least one person)?like me who really do want to be reading Disney Duck stories but aren't able to find much that's compeling in Gemstone's current output.