Gemstone Disney comics

Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Tue Mar 31 19:42:00 CEST 2009

Thank you all for your postings of sadness and sympathy for the
passing of the Gemstone Disney comics. I wish experience had granted
me a crystal ball that allowed me to see the future of the classic
characters in comic book form in the USA, but like the rest of you I
can only wait and see what may or may not develop.

If another publisher does pick up the license, they'll have quite a
challenge on their hands. Our best hope is that the license will be
taken by a publisher that is up to that challenge, and our fondest
wish must be that they will not only be up to it but exceed it. There
are some, to my mind, that would be (though I won't name names lest I
erroneously raise any hopes). It's the least our beloved Mickey,
Donald, Scrooge, et al, deserve.

Will there be a role for John, Sue, David and/or myself in a future
such endeavor? Right now there's just no way to know, or even really
to guess.

Gary