E-Books, More About

Tony Leopold tonyleopold at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 18:54:02 CET 2010

I'm not a lawyer and I'm missing the context in which this was
written, but I feel that I should point out that this is not true. If
you buy an mp3, on amazon.com for example, you own that mp3. You can
play it on your computer, put it on all 13 of your mp3 players and
even your phone. It is not legal to give copies of it away, of course,
but you can use it in the ways I have described above legally.

There are certain music subscription services, the Zune Pass, to name
one very good such service, where you download mp3s to your player
without actually owning the mp3s, but this is clearly a subscription
service and is marketed and advertised as such.