Slippery Sales

Francesco Spreafico francesco.spreafico at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 09:12:07 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 14:29, Carl Lund <clund at cox.net> wrote:

> Since I am a little familiar with those stories, I think instead that I whole-heartedly disagree with that assessment as the quality of the stories selected.  While some have their charms, as a whole there is nothing in the same realm of excellence as Don Rosa's work.  For that matter, Daan Jippes' re-drawings of Barks' Junior Woodchucks stories are far better. Personally, I was never a fan of William Van Horn, but his stuff was far better than what I'm seeing in BOOM's C&S as well.

I should have pointed it before: I'm not a duck fan: I'm a Disney
comics fan. Mickey works for me. And when it's good it works even
better than Donald or Scrooge. I love Mickey. So, yes, I can't help
liking Casty's stories (and these two stories Boom has published so
far are probabily his best) even better than Don Rosa's (that I love).
They're character-driven, they have great plots, they're not stupid,
their characters are not stupid, they feature the same great Mickey
that Gottfredson, Walsh and Scarpa used like no one so constantly
before him. So... yes, I understand that for duck fans WDC might be a
bit of a let down right now. But for Disney fans it's a gift.

Francesco