The question of anthropomorphism

Mateusz Lis lis at gazeta.pl
Fri Apr 29 20:14:56 CEST 2011

Greetings, fellow Donaldists!

I haven't posted here in a long time, but as a faithful lurker I'm very
glad the list hasn't faded into oblivion.
I'm in the middle of writing a Very Important Piece (for my studies) and
I need some examples to prove my points. I hope you can help me out!

I'm searching for stories (and cartoons) that would serve as examples of:
- different levels of anthropomorphism within a particular universe. Of
course I'm aware of the whole Goofy-and-Pluto-are-both-dogs paradox, and
I know there are several stories that joke about eg. Minnie terrified by
the sight of an oridinary mouse. However, is there any story that would
comment about these paradoxes explicitly and/or prove how there's no
connection between the characters and the animals they were modelled after?
- the blurry line between reality and fiction, something along the lines
of stories by Don Rosa, which are often set in a historical context.
Perhaps there is a story that would suggest that it is the duck universe
that is real and not the one the reader lives in? A story that would be
more real than reality itself.

My research is not limited to Disney stuff, so if you have any
non-Disney story in mind (although within the realm of "funny animals"
fiction), don't hesitate to mention it! Any help would be most welcome.

Best Regards,
Mateusz