Current state of Disney comics in North America

The Fenske's dbfenske at telus.net
Sat Aug 27 19:31:42 CEST 2011

Years ago, I bought many of the Disney titles (usually searching for Don
Rosa stories) and a variety of Superman and Spider-man comics (and a few
others).  Then the cost went too high, and several of my favourite
artists stopped drawing those titles.  Long after I stopped Super-hero
comics though, I would buy any Rosa story that came out.

Now, I only buy the Don Rosa reprints (I have the hardcover and
softcover versions of the Life of Scrooge) and I'm looking forward to
the Donald Duck collections.

My eldest son, who is an even greater comic collector, has been
purchasing everything of late as trade paperbacks (lots of Super-heroes,
mostly, new and old).  That way he can get a complete story all at once,
in high-quality reprint form, and they look much nicer on your shelf.
He's also a fan of Barks and Rosa and Gottfredson, like me, and has
little use for most of the other Disney stuff.

Dave