Scary Donald Duck?

Matt Yaklin myaklin at g4.net
Thu Aug 23 15:08:36 CEST 2012

I recall watching this several times when I was younger. It has
been years since I have seen it. The disney channel was pretty nice
back then. They actually showed a lot of the old cartoons and movies
instead of live actor shows. Maybe they still do. Dunno.

But anyway... I guess with Goofy being in the movie, if I recall
correctly, really broke up any suspense/horror in my mind. I never
really cared for Goofy as his character seemed shallow and dull.
His jokes and clumsiness were rarely funny.

Donald was always throwing fits so it was "expected". It was his claim
to fame. So going after a cow because he was hungry seems right in
character. Now if the cow actually talked and was "like a disney
character" it might have been different. But it was just a cow that
did not talk.

And Mickey.. typical Mickey. Always the calm one who settles things
down and rights the rocky boat. I rank him just above Goofy on my
Disney character likability chart. With him around you knew that
cow was safe.

So no. I do not think it was a scary moment. Even for a child as
long as they were used to other Donald antics. Maybe that is the key.
Not having seen every Donald cartoon in existence already.

matt