Changes in Voodoo Hoodoo, even by Fantagraphics

Per Starbäck per at starback.se
Sat Feb 25 13:11:36 CET 2012

I don't know if this has been discovered by others as well, but if
not, I thought I should point out here that in the first Fantagraphics
Carl Barks book, Lost in the Andes, there are still changes in "Voodoo
Hoodoo", so that story still hasn't been published in its original
form in the USA since its original publication in 1949.

I posted about that some time ago at
http://krafsklotter.blogspot.com/2012/01/bop-bop-fortfarande-andrad.html
.

I wrote in Swedish, but you can see what's happened in the pictures.
Everything in Africa is intact, but in Duckburg Bop, Bop has a
"NOSSAH!" changed into "NOSSIR!", just like in Another Rainbow's Carl
Barks Library.

This must be just a mistake, since no one would insist on changing
only that and not other things in this story. Just as it's a mistake
that Donald's name is missing from his mailbox in a later panel,
probably because the images are taken from a source where that has
been removed to be replaced with a translation. (I remember similar
problems elsewhere in Another Rainbow's CBL.)

So when if ever do you think Voodoo Hoodoo will be republished
unchanged? Fantagraphics ought to be done with their project in 15
years or so. If then some new collected works of Carl Barks is started
a couple of decades after that it might be just in time for the
centennial of this story!
--
Per Starbäck
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"