Does anyone know what issues contained Disney in the Swedish Veckans Serier 1943 ?

Ola Martinsson ola.martinsson at ericsson.com
Fri Jul 13 14:59:13 CEST 2012

This is not very well known I think, but there was some Disney in the Swedish weekly Veckans serier (This weeks comics) 1942-1943.
First there was a strip with Benjamin Syrsa (Jiminy Cricket) on the back cover of number 9 -26.
Then there was two strips/issue of Den fredliga draken (The Reluctant Dragon) in at least issues 27 - 33.
The story had not ended in nr 33 so I suppose it went on for some issues.
Can enyone tell which issues ?

Some info about Veckans Serier.
This was a short lived weekly comic with 42 issues. I had tabloid format and 12 pages which were later shrunk to 8 pages.
It cost 25 öre (5 cent). It had no special cover. All pages were comics on the same cheap paper. Half of the pages were color, some were black/white/red and some black/white.
The comics are mostly unknown to me.
On the front was Bob & Frank. Two young men in the US coast guard World War 2
It had one page Windy & Paddles, a US comic by Dick Moores who also drew Disney.
One strip with Skippy, a US joke comic about a boy. The rest of this page was a story.
One page with two trappers in the US liberation war.
One page of The Shadow.
Half a page Yarko (US name ?), similar to Mandrake but much more magic (and not at all as good) The other half had a bad story about an US military officer called Löjtnant Vinge (Ltnt Wing translated). WW2
One page of a US doctor Bobbs
One third page of some runaway girl, Annika. One third The little king. One third a comic version of a Fleischman cartoon about some bugs that has a visit by a grasshopper that tries to save their village so that they won't have to move. With a cute bee girl and a villain beetle. Hoppe kommer till stan. This was later replaced with Reluctant Dragon.
One page of two US pilots on some adventure in South Amerika. Tom is one name and I think the other is Bill but I'm not sure.
One third page of joke strip with story about how two people (different all the time) don't get married for some reason or another. The rest of the page is called Lyckliga familjen (lucky family)
One page of pussles and jokes.
The back page has a Swedish comic (Karolinerna) about some Swedish soldiers in the 18:th century. They're in Russia during the Great Nordic war. At the bottom is the Benjamin Syrsa strip.
Later the GREAT Swedish adventure/sci-fi comic Allan Kämpe debuted. Beautifully drawn by Eugen Semitjov in a Alex Raymond style.

Hope it was of some interest.

If someone has some info about the comics it would be fun to read about it.

	Ola in cloudy Stockholm +19