Format and schedule change for Donald Duck Weekly, Norway

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at alumni.princeton.edu
Sat Apr 25 09:18:19 CEST 2015

ERLEND:

 > For the Greek comics, I find it strange they´re not only changing format,
 > but also stretching the contents.

As I said, I'm not sure that they are stretching the contents. I don't have
the original Italian comics, and the new publisher avoids reprints, so I can't
compare with a previous publication.

A quick comparison between two scans in I.N.D.U.C.K.S. shows that they are
probably not stretching the images, as I thought, and that it is merely the
horizontal margins that are almost eliminated. Check, e.g., the first page
scans for I TL 3050-1:
http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=I+TL+3050-1

 > What does Disney think about that?

The new publisher seems to have formed some kind of partnership with Disney
Greece, so I'm sure that Disney is agreeing with everything they are doing.

Despite the usual nagging, the new publisher is doing mostly a great job,
improving on the foundation built by the previous publisher: new stories,
instead of reprints, with more pages per comic book than before, at a lower
cost per page (though higher cost per comic book). They even practically gave
away the first 14 volumes of their edition of the Carl Barks Library, so that
people would not hesitate buying the next volumes, when they appear, because
they won't match the previous publisher's more expensive version, which had
stopped at volume 14. (ISBNs have already been assigned to the remaining
volumes, so we have high hopes of seeing the series continued some time this
year.)

     Kriton.
-----
"You' re human now.  You've *gotta* like chocolate."
-----