Disney Comics in the U.S.

Barry Branvold undbkb at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 23:33:06 CEST 2015

 David G writes:

Wak! While
I can't convince you to like stories you didn't, both of the choices in this
issue were pieces that I'd earlier hoped to publish at Gemstone, where I used
quite a lot of this vintage Romano Scarpa material as well.
	So you would have
seen this same exact content had the Gemstone issues continued in 2009! (A few
other planned Gemstone stories will find their way into these IDW comics,
too...)
I did not mean to ruffle any feathers, I just did not like the art especially Beagle Boys with long skinny necks, buck teeth,  and tiny hats,
The Robot looked more like a Beagle boy than the real thing.

And when did the money bin get a dome and spire? Then there are corner spires that the artist puts in sometimes,
 but not all the time- No Consistency.  I am not saying every Barks story was  great and Rosa had his share of clunkers, but the art stayed consistent
These stories had no substance. Tell me why a robot  thinks it needs a smoke?

 I'm (David) already collecting Don's stuff at Fantagraphics, and doing my
darndest to present it right.

I think you have.

 As IDW's Archival Editor, what more can I do
*except* focus on the other top Scrooge talents out there - with Scarpa one of
the best and most beloved?
	Next month we'll have a change of pace with a very
good long Dutch adventure. Jumpin' jacksnipes... hang around and see what you
think.

	Dave

 I have been buying the new books and I have always enjoyed vintage material that you (David) have done.
I always enjoyed our conversations, and we had some good times in San Diego. It was always fund to see what you would find.

Here is hoping the art and writing will get better, ....but maybe we will never see the like of Barks again!