X-Mickey now available in physical form in the United States

August Yang darking at rcn.com
Wed Jul 6 17:40:07 CEST 2016

https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Graphic-Novels-Bruno-Enna/dp/1629914460/

This is pretty important to me so apologies if you already know (and
clearly already bought), but I found out recently that the X-Mickey
series is now available in physical form in the United States!

No.  This is not the story of Mickey Mouse as a mutant (Man, just
imagine the legal nightmare the movie rights to that would be). X-Mickey
is more like what would happen if Mickey Mouse starred in Supernatural.

Okay.  I’ve never actually *seen* Supernatural, but from what I
understand, two guys wander around and solve supernatural mysteries,
only in this case one of the two guys *is* a supernatural mystery.

This comic was first released in Italy and is considered by some to be
one of the best modern Mickey Mouse comics around along with Wizards of
Mickey and Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine.  It ran in Italy for 30
issues, 20 of which were released digitally in the USA on the now
defunct Disney Comics app.  In fact, recently there was a new X-Mickey
comic in Italy’s Topolino.

I managed to snag all 20 issues before the app went belly up and can
tell you it is really a well written comic.  I encourage anyone who
enjoys Mickey Mouse comics to pick it up.  The release schedule from
Papercutz is... not great seeing that the next issue is slated to come
out next *year*, but maybe if it gets popular they’ll release it more often.

August Yang