Freddy Milton

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Mon Nov 23 19:03:30 CET 1992

Harry Fluks wrote (in answer to Jamal Hannah):
> Most early Milton/Jippes stories were reprinted in the USA in
> Gladstone's WDC.  If you want to know in which issues, ask Per
> Starback for his list of H-coded (= Dutch) stories in Gladstone
> comics.  (Note: Milton is Danish, but the stories are "Dutch". Most
> of the stories were probably never printed in Denmark!)

Milton has also made a couple of stories for the Danish publisher, at
least D 3877 in Swedish KA 17/77 about a magpie which is a mascot for
our favourite patrol of the Junior Woodchucks.  I think one of his
first duck stories was called "The Big Sneeze", but he couldn't sell
it and later he re-made it with other characters instead of the ducks.

Besides doing comics Freddy Milton has been the editor of the Danish
fanzine "Carl Barks & Co." up to #18 (the current issue is #19).

> Milton also made some Woody Woodpecker stories (44 pages), and he created
> a new comic family: "Familien Gnuff", with 10-page stories appearing in the
> Woody Woodpecker comic books in Denmark (and in other European countries).

He has done more Woody Woodpecker than that.  But maybe that's only
published here in Scandinavia?  I think it's the Gnuffs that has
appeared in Critters (I don't have Critters though).

> (BTW: I think Milton's first name is Freddy...)

Yep!
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: Per.Starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"