ftp archive + index of old Disney books

Per Starb\dck starback at csd.uu.se
Fri Jan 15 13:58:29 CET 1993

There is now an ftp archive for this mailing list.  Look at
ftp.lysator.liu.se:/pub/comics/disney!  (If you don't know how to use
ftp, feel free to ask me.  And if ftp isn't available to you, ask me
to mail you the files you want instead.)

This is the README I just put there:

! This archive contains information about Disney comics, most of it
! coming from the Disney comics mailing list.
!
! If you want to join that mailing list, write to
! disney-comics-request at student.docs.uu.se.
!
! If you have any questions, additions, comments or corrections of the
! contents of this directory, please tell Per Starback, whose email
! address is starback at student.docs.uu.se.
!
! Descriptions of the files here:
!
! don-rosa-index          An index of Don Rosa's Disney stuff
! gladstone-barks         An index of Carl Barks stories in Gladstone's books.
! recurring-characters    A list of recurring Disney characters
!                         (not only from comics).
! story-codes             An explanation of the "story codes", often
!                         shown in the first panel of a comic book story.
!
!  * And here follows Kjell Crone's indices on classical American Disney
!    books.  An explanation of the abbreviations is needed.  I'll
!    include one as soon as I've done it.
!
! fc.index        Four Colors (1st and 2nd series)
!                 DDOS, USOS and MMOS are *not* included.  (They are in
!                 dd.index, us.index, and mm.index respectively.)
!                 There are also some other odd books here, at the end.
!
! dd.index        Donald Duck Oneshots + Donald Duck, up to #134.
!
! mm.index        Mickey Mouse Oneshots + Mickey Mouse, up to #84.
!                 (I.e., all the Dell issues.)
!
! us.index        Uncle Scrooge Oneshots + Uncle Scrooge, up to #75.
!
! giants.index    Dell Giants.
!
! wdc.index       Walt Disney Comics & Stories #1-67, very incomplete.
!
!  * Soon to appear: a complete index of Gladstone's Disney comic books.

1. I put some of the stuff from this mailing list that I had easily
available in updated files there, but I didn't think much about what
should go there.  Is there anything else I should put there?

2. As you can see Kjell Crone's indices that I mentioned in December
have arrived.  I will do a better explanation of them later, but
most of the records look like this:

> 06  5* US TS THE LAST LAUGH        KA 623702
                                     ^Swedish publication
               ^Title. (In all-caps if there really was a title)
            ^artist (this is Tony Strobl)
        ^title character (this is Uncle Scrooge)
      ^number of pages. (This is five full pages and a partial page)
  ^This is the sixth story in that book.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: Per.Starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"

PS: Is anyone doing anything on the Gladstone index?  I'm ready with
Mickey Mouse, but I haven't sent the result to Harry yet.  You'll get
it soon...