Comments on Rosa's Re: Digest #16

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Thu May 13 18:36:58 CEST 1993

Don Rosa:
> COMMENTS ON DIGEST # whateveritwas:
>
> 	Gladstone's comics are not bimonthly to "test the waters". They will
> remain bimonthly.

So we don't get back to the time when Gladstone published *six* to *eight*
comics a month? Pity...

> 	Per, I did not FORGET that the air molecules would have been frozen
> in my "On Stolen Time" story; I chose to IGNORE the fact in order
> to tell the tale. I later decided that saying something else other than
> time-freezing was going on would have solved that problem (
> and not been so silly an idea).

But I thought it was an excellent idea! I have phantasized about the
possibility myself for a while, and it was nice to see that someone else
had thought about that too. Only I would have stated that the "frozen"
things are not hard as stone: they still fall over if you push them when time
is frozen. That would have solved the air-freezing problem, but then again,
the Beagle Boyes wouldn't have been able to walk on birds, or get trapped
the way they did...

> 	And I imagine those Dan Jippes/Carl Barks JW remakes will be used by
> Gladstone. Why not? Every Disney comic book story ever done
> anywhere on the planet is available to them for their use at the same
> price... free.

What I heard is that they have to pay a (low) price for administration,
paper, etc.

--x--

Don, you also said you liked Ludwig Von Drake. I already expected that
since you drew him in the "Pied Piper of Duckburg" story, for no
particular reason.

I don't see Von Drake as part of the Barks universe, though, and I'm glad
Barks and others put their veto on you using him...

--Harry.

Harry Fluks                      ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam (NL)   (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"