+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #136.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Sun Oct 24 23:28:00 CET 1993

Mark:
	To your questions and comments:  yes, Gladstone has ALWAYS known
about "Lost Library" and ALL the stories as I'm working on them. They
know all about "Of Ducks and Dimes and Destinies", but that won't do
them any good since it won't be used in Europe for some time yet; they
don't want simple-minded readers (and/or simple-minded editors, like the
ones who use part 3 before part 1) to get it confused with the "Life of
$crooge" stories.
	I'll have no trouble dealing with how to draw a young Donald as
I've already shown him at the end of part 11. As I did with $crooge, I
decided that all Ducks look like HD&L until their teen years, at which
time, among other things, their EYES grow to join their beaks.

Fredrik:
	Still, the problem with that Rota story where $crooge and
Grandma are siblings arises from the complexities which come up in
trying to figure out how $crooge & GD could be siblings though they
never knew of each other. The writer first tries to simplify the whole
thing by ignoring the OBVIOUS fact that everyone's family has TWO sides,
mother's and father's. Having ignored this elementary notion, then they
got all twisted around trying to explain the problem they caused
themselves. It makes a lot more sense and is a lot easier to handle when
Grandma and $crooge are in no way related, just as are the two sides of
everyone's families (except lotsa families here in Kentucky, but that's
another story).