Success of "Life $ Times..." here in USA

rreeves@acs.bu.edu rreeves at acs.bu.edu
Tue Jul 26 17:14:55 CEST 1994

A quick peek out of the shadows as things are rather quiet 'round
here lately:

The good news here (in Boston) is that US287 is unavailable (at least
at the 5 Boston/Cambridge shops I looked at).  One very positive
note, when I asked for 'last month's US' one worker asked, "oh- the
Rosa series one?  That's long gone!"

The bad news:  The store where I usually get my books from forgot (?)
to include that one in my subscription folder. Hmm. Guess that's what
I get for going away to California in the middle of the summer!  How
is the availability in the rest of the states? Any thoughts on
getting the missing issue, other than wait for Gladstone back issue
orders?

Other bad news: New England Comics which I mention by name as I have
no love for them today more than ever, their first store they didn't
even know the difference between US and USA, and doubted their other
store even carried Gladstone, while their 2nd store
said in response to my asking for back issue ducks said, "all the
kidstuff is down on that little shelf."  So, I get to look offended
and say, "well never mind then."

(Sorry for the long-windedness, esp. for those that pay to read this)

/robert