Disney-comics digest #261.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Mon Mar 7 14:57:32 CET 1994

MARK:
	Yes, I saw where U$ #285 supposedly sold out, but that tells me
nothing of how many issues that was, particularly in the light of the ad
saying that orders for the issue were not more than normal.
	And I also saw the tag-line "The New King of Ducks". That's just
Bruce Hamilton using me as a club against Barks, which will only cause
him to hate me more than ever, if possible. I called them up instantly
and asked that they not use that phrase. Fans will get sore about that
phrase, but they'll get sore at ME, not Bruce.

DAVID:
	I haven't the vaguest memory of what I typed into that WDC&S
index that I did 20 years ago! If I used the "Sorry, Charlie" line, I
can't recall WHY I did so -- you sound like you think there was some
profound meaning to it. My indexes and that whole "Information Center"
was all written very informally, and I would break into gags in the
middle of an index. If I used that line, I'm sure it was based on the
then-current tuna commercials. For it to have some reference to the
Charlie Coyote character in the LT&MM comics would have been rather
obscure, even though those WB Dells were my distant-third favorites
behind the Ducks and Little Lulu. I did especially like that
semi-realistic art style and the desert settings in those "Wuff"
stories. That guy drew a creepy Elmer Fudd, though.
	The way you introduced and phrased that question, it sounded
like you were calling me before a Senate investigative sub-committee.