Those pesky Injuns again

Andrew Krieg 5-5379 krieg at ct.med.ge.com
Thu Mar 10 15:38:58 CET 1994

I have quite a backlog of "Carl Barks Library in Color" graphic albums
to read.  This past week-end I just got around to reading the 4th volume
of Gyro Gearloose.  There is a story in this volume about Gyro inventing
authentic war paint for a movie with Indians in it.  Gyro makes the paint
too authentic, and the Indians turn into screaming savages, spouting the
most stereotypical Indian jargon you'll ever see.

If this story could be reprinted, why can't we get "War of the Wendigo"?
Is it because it is in a graphic album as opposed to a regular comic?  If
so, perhaps Gladstone can produce a new Rosa graphic album and put WotW
in it.  Maybe the Disney censors would allow that.