pesky Injuns, biting Misquotes, and the Happy Rock

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Fri Mar 11 04:11:18 CET 1994

Andrew Krieg:

>authentic war paint for a movie with Indians in it.  Gyro makes the paint
>too authentic, and the Indians turn into screaming savages, spouting the
>most stereotypical Indian jargon you'll ever see.  If this story could be
>reprinted, why can't we get "War of the Wendigo"?

Maybe it was viewed by a different censor or in a different light.  With
the warpaint you perhaps could argue that the strange behavior of the
actors was due to a chemical reaction with the ingredients in the war-
paint--some form of neurotransmitter that is absorbed through the skin.

However, not having read WotW, I don't have a clue as to what was found
objectionable there...

Harry Fluks:

>David quoted ME (and not Mark Mayerson, Tryg!):

Sorry Harry.  It wasn't clear who David was quoting, but I saw Mark's name
there and thought that was added by David quoting Mark...  For me to have
correctly guessed the real author's name would have been a Fluke... :>

KDR Et All:

The discussion on Harry Gladstone and the Birthday Bugaboo has certainly
been an interesting one; it inpsired me to re-read the story; I did and I
found it to be a very strange mix.  David mentioned a couple of parallels
between various Barks stories; I thouht I saw a few more when I read it
last night, but I've forgotten what they were already.  (I have an
excellent memory; it is just very short.)  Guess I'll just have to read it
again... :)

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!" -The Beach Drakes