various

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Mon Nov 28 23:35:57 CET 1994

Walden Duck Pond
----------------
DAVE: OK, I understand how you meant the story to be. Some of your
points may have been lost in the translation, but my, eh, "main
objection" to the story, is the art. I really don't like it. It might
have distracted me when I read it...

>Well, I didn't think it my place to comment on this.  Certainly
>not before others saw it.

Well... that could have been interesting... As far as I know, I'm the
only one who read these magazines. No, of course not, but I have never
heard anyone saying anything nice about them. I have often heard a lot
of critizism about them, most of it (the critizism) is just stupid, but
anyway, one get the impression that they are not very popular. Neverthe-
less -- they have been sold here in Norway for more than twenty years.

About the critizism. Some people, I don't remember who, mean that the
Italians are becoming too dominating about the ducks. They say that
these ducks are too Italian, that the Italians treat them like they were
Italian, and that the stories often have to be partly redrawn to fit
into the Scandinavian market. The ducks should be more American, like
Barks meant them to be.
     They have apparently not understood that these ducks _are_ Italian
(except for the D and S stories). These stories are made for the Italian
market, and if the Norwegian part of Egmont, Hjemmet, see that these
stories sell in Norway, why not sell them? I guess the redrawing they
mentioned was what was done with the German books.

313
---
MIKKO:
>BTW, couldn't you make some parts to that 313 of yours by hand? Buy some
>tin and melt it and make something up ;)
I certainly have to make a lot of it by hand. Tin is a good material for
small parts, but it's too soft for wings and body parts. I think I will
use steel, copper or aluminum for the body, and plastic for the wings.
I can probably use tin for smaller parts, like rear lamps and bumpers.

Flipism
-------
ORNULF(?): I think the last time the flipism story was reprinted in Norway
was in one of the early "Beste Historier om Donald Duck & Co". They have
been reprinted a few times, but it's a quite long time since the last time
any of them were reprinted. Hjemmet started a new series of albums a few
years ago, "Walt Disneys beste historier" ("We have made it simpler for
you. Now you'll find all the best stories in just one series of albums"),
but just a few have been published, and it's quite a long time since the
last one was published.
     In other words, it will be difficult to find a copy. But if you would
be satisfied with a b/h photocopy, I could make one in the Christmas, when
I'm visiting my collection :)

   Jorgen