Disney-comics digest #570.

DAVID.A.GERSTEIN 9475609 at arran.sms.edinburgh.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 13:02:16 CET 1995

      Hi, gang.

      PER:  Can you please send me another copy of digest #569?  I
accidentally deleted it before reading it... (sigh)

      AUGIE:  Glad you liked my dialogue on "A Case of Too Much
Money."  A bit more wordy than I like to be now, but I didn't think
anything was WRONG with it.  On the other hand, I really liked the
plot myself and never once thought about why Scrooge didn't tell DD
why he wanted the Beagle Boys to break into the bin.  In fact, I'll
admit (prepare your tomatoes) that this is a story I personally
selected for Gladstone to order and have me rewrite, after reading it
in a German edition.  Oh, well.
      I won't see US 291 until Friday (or maybe later), so I don't
know if the story was censored by Disney.  In the big fight between
BBs and police, the police complained that their image was being
damaged, and one of them was firing a gun in the air.  Meanwhile, my
name for the worthless foreign money was "Castrovian Rubleniks"
(printed in RED ink), taken from US 36's "Money Bag Goat."  But I bet
it's been changed.  I even mentioned how "Brutopia" took over
"Castrovia" in 1959.  Any answers for me, folks?
      Sounds like Gladstone managed to put a credit line for me in
there (or did you only know it was my doing, Augie, because I
mentioned it in the digest?).  The artist, who it sounds like they
forgot to credit, is Vicar.  I don't know who wrote the story
originally.  (Say, if I can find out, maybe you can throw the
tomatoes at someone el -- [SPLAT!] -- er, >ptooey!< forget it!)

      I'll be back pretty soon to tell you all what Disney did to my
dialoguing work in DDA 31, folks.

      David Gerstein
      <9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk>