Munchen

Tobias Engel s120808 at fb1.FHTW-Berlin.de
Wed Feb 1 13:53:24 CET 1995

Hi all!

I'm new to this Mailinglist, so if I say something stupid or ask questions
that have been answered 100 times before - please tell me!
(And my English is not so good. I hope you understand me :)

I am from Germany, so I might be able to answer your questions about German
Disney-Comics.

About this "MUNCHEN with two dots over the 'U'"-thing:
It's really impossible to write it in English so that it is pronounced
correctly. (In the English language there are no equivalents to the
U-with-two-dots an the 'ch'.) I think the best possible translation to
English written language is "Mun-shen". (But not "Myoo-nick" as Don assumed!)
Here in the German weekly ("Micky Maus") they just wiped out the whole
"contents" of the Munich-Sign and replaced it with "Munchen".

DAVID:
Some days ago, you wrote that in your pork-story (Sorry, I forgot the English
name) in the last panel the pig in the front should be winking to HDL
and that this will be corrected for the Gladstone-Edition. In the German
weekly, there is already the corrected version!

The same thing happened to DON's Lo$2:
Don, you mentioned that the manufacturer's name on the plate of the safe
in Lo$2 was removed, so you replaced it with "Oso-Safe" for Gladstone.
But in the German album, the plate also says "Oso"!

Are they publishing the Gladstone-Versions here in Germany??

Perhaps, someone can tell me what's going on...

Tobias
(...yet another Trekkie in the Disney-Mailinglist!)