David + White books

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Fri Feb 3 00:20:42 CET 1995

Since David's letter just came, I can't resist answering it :-)

DAVID:
>      This story is the first published Egmont work of Scott Saavedra,
>who left Jaime Diaz'

And that makes me ask: What is the Jaime Diaz' studio doing these days?
The few S-stories made now can't be enough for running the studio? Are
they doing other things than Disney?

>Anina couldn't believe that a writer had Goofy say that

No, that's not fair to Goofy, because he's got a special mind. He can't
be hypnertized.

>"The Two Musketeers + 1," WDC 299

Is this one of the stories where Horace is the king and Clarabelle is
the queen? The two other musketeers are Mickey and Donald.

>Don't you mean HDL

Of course. I just had the Norwegian "ODD" on my mind...

And something else:

The white books and the Christmas book
--------------------------------------
That hardcover Christmas book is certainly cheap. It cost about (maybe
exactly, don't remember) the same as the usual pocket books.
So, this is replacing the white books. That's good. They were no fun
anymore, but still quite expensive.

BTW: Some years ago DAMM (a Norwegian publisher) published a book about
the size of an album, but much thicker. It contained only Italian stories.
The special thing with this book was that they gave credits to the artists.

HARRY told some time ago about the Pirate Gold story in one of the white
books. One panel was upside down. What book is this? That story is in none
of the (white) books I've got. It's in the first one of the golden books
(this one is actually the only one that _is_ golden) here in Norway, but
there it is in it's original form.

What OLE says about the market for older comics in Denmark goes mostly
for Norway too.

   Jorgen