In search of Egypt references

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Wed Jul 5 18:05:16 CEST 1995

Mike Rhode:
>      I need to find Egyptian references in American comics for a possible
>      paper on Egyptology in the comics.

A quick search for "Egypt" and "Pyramid" in our Disney comics database
results in the following stories:

- Uncle Scrooge (DuckTales), "The Puzzle of the Lost Pyramid" (4 pages)
  in Uncle Scrooge #266

- Donald Duck, "The Mysterious Pyramid" (8 pages) in Donald Duck #79, reprinted
  in Donald Duck #200
  (writer Vic Lockman, artist Tony Strobl, inker Steve Steere)

- Donald Duck, title unknown ("Pyramid Panic") (14 pages) in Donald Duck #108
  (artist Strobl)

- Uncle Scrooge, untitled (5 3/4 pages) in Uncle Scrooge #25, reprinted in
  Uncle Scrooge #151, and (titled "US in Egypt") in Uncle Scrooge #255
  (writer and artist Carl Barks)

The pyramid stories could also be about Aztec pyramids, I guess.

There are several other desert stories, not necessarily set in Egypt.
(Uncle Scrooge "Pipeline to Danger" in US #30 ? Is that Egypt?
"The Mines of King Solomon"? I must admit my geographic knowledge is
not what it should be about this part of the world...)

And from my memory the following:

- Donald Duck, "The Crocodile Collector" (18 pages) in Donald Duck Adventures
  [Gladstone] #8
  (writer and artist Don Rosa)

That's all I can think of now!

--Harry.

"Kom Mir, Beni Hasan, El Fanth, and Aswan!"
"Tell Benny it's a *crocodile* I need!"