Komix articles about Scarpa

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Wed Dec 6 12:41:08 CET 2000

From: "Apostolis Trikourakis" <komix43 at hotmail.com>

> I can translate the articles. but I need someone to check my
translations
> for mistakes. Maybe Kriton can help me, if he have free time offcourse
:-)

Of course, I was only proposing, no hurry :-)

> Komix 61, page 25:
> A 1-page article titled "Scrooge, Brigitta and the Last Balaboo". It's
about
> the extinction of the animals.

Might be original. BUT we need someone who owns the Italian "Grandi Storie
di Romano Scarpa" 11 to check this article:
Qit/CCD 11C  Leonardo Gori  "I paperi... animalisti"
that might be it. (And it might be from Gladstone US 242 too)

> Komix 63, page 25:
> A 1-page article titled "The Old Duck and his Foundation". It's about
> Scrooge's competitors.

Check:
Qit/CCD 1C  Leonardo Gori  "Il mecenate di Paperopoli"
and/or
Gladstone US 241

> Komix 91, page 61:
> A 1-page interview titled "Romano Scarpa: the Comics Conductor". I'll
try to
> make a translation as soon as I can.

This might really be original, interesting and the first to translate :-)

> Komix 119, page 53-54:
> A 2-pages article titled "The Great Italian: Romano Scarpa". A very nice
> article about Romano's art eras: 1953-1962 (the early ages), 1963-1966
(the
> transitional ages), 1967-1973 (the Classic period), 1974-1983 (the
maturity
> period), 1984-Today (the modern ages).

This we have alredy dropped, for obvious reasons...

> Komix 124, page 4-6:
> A 3-pages article titled "A Journey to the Ancient Egypt". It's an
article
> about Egypt, Nile and the famous pharaoh's families. Mostly, a
historical
> guide to the Ancient Egypt.

So, maybe, not that interesting for the comic itself.

> Konix 131, page 4-5:
> A 2-pages article titled (I'm not sure if I'm translating that
correctly)
> "The Miracle's yard of a great man from Venice, Romano Scarpa". That's
an
> article with a small introduction of his life and some words about his
> cooperation with other great Italian artists.

It doesn't ring any bell... maybe it's original.

> Komix 139, page52-54:
> A 3-pages article titled "Romano Scarpa's Lentints" and subtitled
"Money,
> adventure and cooking from the Ancient Babylon". It's about both the
> Babylon's lentints and the culture. Also there is a Babylon Lentint's
recipe
> from Sylvester Kolomisky, a chief from Paris! :-)

Ah!That was a recipe! It looks like a recipe, but I'd seen a Paris address
there and I couldn't understand what it was doing there :-)
nyway...

Check:
Qit/CCD 11D Leonardo Gori  "Per un piatto di lenticchie"
and/or
Gladstone Uncle Scrooge Adventures 30.

--
Sprea