Brazilian Disney stories

Francois Willot willot.francois at ec-lille.fr
Wed Feb 9 11:03:55 CET 2000

>    It's true, Brazilian local production returned in March,
>1999, and I'm *sure* I happily reported it to DcML at that time:
>Abril Jovem ordered me new Joe Carioca short stories then; now,
>almost one year after, they want Donald and Mickey stories
>"for export".

I must have missed this message !

Do you (or Fernando Ventura) have any information regarding the "export"
countries? Are these Europpean countries?
I believe France and Italy have been the countries were the biggest
amount of Brazilian stories were published. But Carioca stories were
almost only published in Italy, since Joe Carioca is not an
"established" Disney character in France.

Maybe the Dutch would be able to publish some of these though, since
they produce (or produced) many good Carioca stories.

>I'm writing them right now! I hope you Francois and all of
>you interested in Brazilian stories be reading them soon... :-)

I hope so.

  Francois