weekly no. 6

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Wed Feb 9 12:49:46 CET 2000

Hi friends
I decided to review the new weekly, that I just fetched in my mailbox.

SPOILER

Our danish cover looks like a nice dutch one, and they stopped writing
the cover-code.
It starts out with a nice vicar-story. The whole issue has 4
one-pagers. Those are actually funny most of the time. especially
Gottfredson's Goofy :-)
The Mickey-story is by Petrucha and Rodriques and looks very nice. it's
about farm animals and a "sky stone". There's Little Wolf story. And
the title says that... in the 80'es it was always BB wolf who was the
hero of those stories, but it's good that they changed that, cause he
can't really be a hero, can he? Goofy teaches us how to brush teeth,
and there's a Rosa-inspired panel with $crooge who wants to change some
of his milteeth for money at a bank! The banker tells him to go to the
tooth-ferry:-)
There's a Manrique soccer-story a short Goofy-one.
Then comes a nice piece of news: It is now possible to ask questions on
the net-page again (It's been down since 1998 or so! to me it has, at
least) Questions are answered in the weekly, and they will be on the
netpage some time too.
Talking about Net, the second story with the Computer club is the last
long story of the issue. I think that the stories were supposed to have
the main title Computer Club, but the weekly's editors goofed and
titled the first story that. Now they call the series I(nformation)
T(echnology)-Duckburg. This second story has a panel style which is
close to Paperinik-issues and some of the wildest panels in Barks's
stories.
The extra issue contains a nice Scarpa-story
(Anyone interested can contact me privately before friday, and I'll buy
it. I am going on a trip from friday to wednesday so if you want issue
7 too, I will ship them both on next thursday - soory for the ad!)
They printed the extra on another kind of paper, like the Grandma Duck
extra that came in 1993. It's a more solid art of paper, so the extra
can last longer and loook nice. Sure looks like a ncie story

Next week on the back of the weekly tells about Pete who's broight back
into childhood. It doesn't say that it's a Scarpa but I do hope there
will be an article about him in the weekly. There's a very obvious van
horn in next week's issue too.

AC
..

A. C. Sivebaek