DCML digest, Vol 1 #104 - 5 msgs

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Mon Mar 6 14:17:39 CET 2000

From: RMorris306 at aol.com
stated policy of making all his characters ducks, dogs, or occasionally
pigs.
I was recently rereading his delightful story "Oolated Luck," and who do we
see as supporting characters but the Phishkisser Brothers, who, as one
might
guess from the names, are literal fish-faces!

You thought I would have FISH-people walking the streets of Duckburg? Even
the editors who ran these comics when Disney published them would not have
done that! The Phishkisser boys were just normal Barksian dog-men, black
noses, floppy ears. They just had kissers that looked like phish, with
their big lips, glasses and hair-do.

>>>(And, Don, I have to know...is there really such a thing as oolated
squiggs? I've never heard of them, and always assumed not...

There are oolated squiggs okay, but only in Duckburg. There was a can
labelled "OOLATED SQUIGGS" showing in a cupboard that Donald is looking in
in some old Barks tale... I don't recall which one. I think there was even
a little picture of a fish on the can, indicating that a squigg is some
sort of fish prior to oolation.