The Ducks are taking over

Alexgoe@aol.com Alexgoe at aol.com
Sun Mar 19 21:04:06 CET 2000

Hi!

First thanks to Halvor for your interesting facts. I compared them with some
German "Donald Duck" issues (published 1974-1998). In the 70ies and 80ies
there were lots of stories of the Beagle Boys, Chip'n Dale and the wolves. In
the
90ies there weren't much of these figures (if not to say nearly none...) SoI
can
confirm your statistics for this issue....

> The results show that for many years the ducks had about 40-50% of the total
> number of pages. The year 1962 had only 36%. From 1985 the percentage has
> increased and the highest percentage was 1999 with 70,6%.

> Mickey and friends were not so much used the earliest years. In 1952 only 9%
> were dedicated to him. He rapidly became more popular, with the top in 1983
> with 38,2%. After that it has been downhill, and in 1999 it was only 21,2%.

While reading some new "Lustige Taschenbuecher" I noticed that there's
only one story of Mickey published per isssue. Normally there are 7 to 8
stories a issue. In our two Y2K-jubilee issues (includes 13 stories) there
were also only one Mickey-story per issue, all other are about the Ducks.
So I must increase your statistic... at least for the LTB...

Maybe Mickey isn't so requested any more like he was years ago. So I'd
like to ask other members of the mailing list if this is in other countries
so, too. Does anybody know something about this?

> If anyone wants more details regarding this subject, please contact me. I
> can also find such results for other coutries that are reasonably updated in
> INDUCKS.

Maybe you could do this with the German weekly, the Micky Maus
Magazin ? I'd be interested in these results because I don't have old
issues of the mag...

Greetings,

   Alex Goerig