Picking at details

Juliet Violette julietv at email.com
Mon Mar 20 01:55:27 CET 2000

Is there a FAQ for this list?  I should probably
read it.

I was wondering... did Carl Barks "invent" Uncle
Scrooge?  and if so, was he working for Disney or
another company?  I'm always surprised when I see
Scrooge in Disney things for some reason.  I have
this shrine to him basically in my living room and
I think the only things actually made by Disney
are the bubble gum bank and the clock.

I guess I get a little irritated at Disney when
they (in MY eyes) misuse Scrooge.  I bought my
daughter a book because it had Donald on the
cover.  It turned out to be a story about Donald
Duck's birthday party.  Uncle Scrooge showed up
empty handed.  He said he had been robbed.
Everyone laughed at him because he was lying, he
was too cheap to buy a gift.  It just went against
the whole "And he did it fair and square!" thing.
He got really mad when they accused him of lying
and even threw stuff.

Also, I never really liked the Ducktales cartoons
(do they have those in other countries?)  I've
bought some for my daughter though, and they
aren't too bad really.  I'm giving them a second
chance... at least they're introuducing my
daughter to my passion. :)

Sorry that this is off the comic book topic :(

Juliet Violette
Las Vegas, USA