André Franquin

Mattias Hallin cmhallin at algonet.se
Thu Feb 8 07:48:13 CET 2001

At 04.36 2001-02-08, Daniel van Eijmeren wrote:
>I have no idea who Andre Franquin is. Is he the same person as the
>French artist known as Franquin, the artist of a lazy character at
>a big office? (In the Netherlands, this character is called "Guust
>Flater".)

Well, yes. And no. He was not a "French artist known as Franquin", but a
Belgian artist (born and bred in Etterbeek, here in Brussels, same as
Georges Remi) named André Franquin. But it was indeed he who created Gaston
Lagaffe/Guust Flater.

All the best,

/Mattias

*** Mattias Hallin ** Brussels ** Belgium ** <cmhallin at algonet.se> ***
*             "Oh bury me thar! With my battered git-tar!            *
*************      A-screamin' my heart out fer yew!"    *************